Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Getting ready for fall!

It 's nearing the end of August and fall will be coming around the corner sooner than I want it to.  Fall is actually my favorite time of the year, but as I get older, I find that I like to hang on to summer just a bit longer than the Pacific Northwest allows. 

Some of the things that I like best about the fall are the cool mornings with the fog in the valleys and FIRE!  It takes wood to make fires and dry wood seems to burn much better than wet wood so...  I built a covered wood storage area off the back of the shop.  Actually off of the shed that was built off of the back of the shop. 

It was a simple project that took about two days total combined time.  It was actually spread out over about a week and a half because I got started and didn't get time to get back on it again for a bit. 

My main goal for it was to be just for firewood storage but, with home ownership, comes more accumulated items that need to be put somewhere, and this new "firewood" storage area was soon determined to house all of that other stuff.  Like roof trusses, because everybody has some of those lying around.  ;)

Here it is in all of its glory!






Where's Waldo in this picture?




No comments: