Saturday, August 6, 2011

Welcome to the Crooked Nail

Well... where to start?

This is the first woodworking post in my new blog.  Pretty exciting, I know.

I will start off with a little background of my woodworking education and experience.

First, education. I HAVE NONE! I am pretty much self taught with a lot of help from woodworking magazine subscriptions, and surfing the web. Maybe you are in the same boat and that is how you ended up here, at this page. Enough of that.

Second is experience. I have some that had been sporadic over the past 11 years. I have only had a "real" shop for about the past year. I have had woodworking "space" for the previous 10. Having a family, a job, and owning an 81 year old home on a shy 2 acres takes up most of the time. Whatever crumbs of time are leftover are spent in the shop pretending to build things from wood.

What I hope to do in this page, is share what I like to do. I will try and keep it loosely related to woodworking in some form or another... or maybe not.

I hope that you will enjoy the journey along with me.

No comments: