Sunday, August 7, 2011

Why The crooked nail?

Why the blog name, "The Crooked Nail"?

Answer:  Just because.  Really it was, what I thought, the coolest name that I could come up with and that was still available to be used as a blog title.  After I thought about it for a while, I thought that the title was a good one and decsribed my projects very accurately. 

I usually make at least one mistake during the process and usually have at least one head scratcher in there too.  I usually measure twice and end up cutting twice.  And sometimes there is a mstake that turns out to be a blessing in disguise and ends up working out better than the original plan or idea. 

So all that being said, I think that "The Crooked Nail" is a good description of the process of woodworking and projects that I do.  The nice part about a crooked nail is that I can always pull it out and go at it again with a new one that will get into some good wood, nice and straight!

No comments: