Sunday, November 4, 2012

Making an Airgun Stock #3 (Completed)

If you have been reading this blog to find out "how" to make a stock for the Crosman 1377, you will have realized that I flopped on the "how" part.  What I DID do was show what I did.  Maybe there is some hidden tip within these sentences that has been of help to you.  If not, I apologize.  My original intent was to make this a tutorial for making a stock and time didn't allow me to do that very well. 

I was making this gun as a gift and today was the deadline day that I had to get it to the recipient.  I made the deadline successfully.

Here are some final pictures of the gun before it was packaged up and taken off to be given away. 

This is the best one that I have done so far, at least I think so. 

The wood is sapele.  The wood used for the grip cap in quartersawn sycamore (light wood) and black walnut (dark wood).  I used polyurethane in satin for the finish.

Thanks for checking this out.  I hope it will inspire you to go make something!

No comments: