Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Pistol Whipped!

This is a spin-off project from the airgun stock that I just finished. 

The carbine rifle was a gift.  It is no longer in my possession.  In order to complete that project, I needed to make and order from PyramidAir.com.  They offer free shipping on orders over a certain amount and if I only got the items required for the air rifle, I would not make the limit and get FREE shipping.

Well, I did what any economical shopper would have done to take advantage of such a great offer, I added MORE to my order!

One of the items that I added to the order was a Crosman 2240 CO2 pistol.  These things are highly customizable and I have never owned one of these so, I thought it wise to add this to the order and take full advantage of FREE shipping! 


This pistol is a blast, literally.  It is probably the most contiuous fun a person can have for a minimal investment of dollars. 

The internet provides a ton of resources for ideas on how to customize these little pistols.  One of the quickest and easiest upgrades is replacing the black plastic grips for something more appealling made out of wood. 

So what do you think that I did?

Yep, you guessed it, I made a set of my own grips. 

This set is made from the same type of wood that the carbine stock was made from, sapele. 

 


It has taken about 2 days of evenings and some here and there to make these grips so, they don't have a huge investment of time in them for the beauty that they add to the pistol.

I have finished them with 3-4 coats of shellac sanding sealer, a good rubbin' with a green scotch brite and one wipe on coat of satin polyurethane.

I think that they will dress up the gun real purdy like, once the finish dries!  Once they are dry, I will add some pics with the grips installed.



No comments: